Nutrition is a game changer when it comes to truly transforming your body and reaching your health and fitness goals. It is often so easy to start a workout program but difficult to adhere to a nutrition program. Below are some tips to help shift your perspective on nutrition to simplistic and achievable goals that will help you change your habits.
1. Try drinking water in the morning instead of coffee. Also, add slices of lemon to boost the immune system and to help cleanse. Hydrating with water will help speed up your metabolism.
2. Limit your intake of processed and packaged goods. The fewer the ingredients, the better as preservative and chemicals create inflammation in the body, particularly the gut and can inhibit how your body operates. Especially, during workouts. Non GMO ready to go meals are becoming more and more popular and available to combat the abundance of preservative rich foods out there.
3. Try eating your carbs earlier in the day before 3pm if possible. This will allow your body to use these sources of energy throughout the day for activity rather than store late at night as fat. Timing meals with carbs before and after your workout will also be beneficial.
4. Don’t diet. Most people who go on fad diets end up failing in the long run as deprivation is never healthy nor sustainable. Just focus on small healthy choices that you can build around over the long term.
5. Follow the 80/20 Rule. Eat healthy at least eighty percent of the time. Indulge occasionally and keep most of your choices healthy.
The above tips along with daily physical activity can positively impact your health, and help you reach your goals.