Volleyball can be a challenging sport that also effectively works out your entire body. Some specific workout moves can not only target the physical areas you need in order to play the game well, but they can make you stronger, faster and fitter.
Volleyball Workout Moves
1. Slalom Jump. From standing, jump laterally to your left, and immediately upon landing jump laterally to your right.
2. Single Leg Slalom Jump. From balancing on one foot, jump laterally to your left, and immediately upon landing jump laterally to your right.
3. Scissor Kick. Lie on your back, bend your knees slightly and raise your legs about half a foot off the ground. Lift one leg upward until your toe is pointing to the ceiling, and then lower it while raising the other leg.
4. Extended plank. From push-up position, move your hands six to eight inches above your shoulders, then brace your stomach as though against impact and hold for no less than thirty seconds.
5. Squat, Jump, Twist. From standing, squat down until your knees are at a 90 degree angle, and then push up into a jump. Rotate 90 degrees while in the air. When you land, repeat, rotating 90 degrees back in the other direction.
6. Agility Ladder In-Out Drill. Stand at one end of the ladder with your fit hip width apart. Hop forward with both feet in the first square, and then immediately hop again to spread both feet apart out of the ladder. Repeat through the entire ladder as quickly as possible.
7. Medicine Ball Squat-to-Rise. Stand with feet just beyond shoulder width and swing your arms smoothly above your head and then in a fluid motion bend forward at the waist and swing arms down between your legs while squatting.
8. Medicine Ball Wood Chop. Stand with your feet just beyond shoulder and rotate your waist to bring the ball up to shoulder height on your left, then rotate your waist to bring the ball to waist height on your left.
9. Medicine Ball Slam. Stand with feet shoulder width apart, and swing arms forward to slam the ball against the ground as hard as you can. Catch it as it bounces and repeat.
10. Tuck Jump. Stand with feet hip width apart on a cushioned surface. Bend down into a half squat and then explode off the ground, bringing your knees to your chest and swinging your arms upward.